Top Ten Tuesday: Book Hangover Cures (60)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
In no particular order.


This Week's Theme:
Top Ten Book Hangover Cures





Food
Is there a care in the world that can't be solved by overindulging in your favorite snack?











Netflix
I tend to go on Netflix marathons when I'm in the middle of a book hangover and can't get myself to start a new book. On the other side, I don't really watch Netflix when I'm in the middle of a good book











 Re-read a book
I tend to re-read books I love to get myself out of my reading funk.










Obsess over the sequel
If the sequel is already out, I get my hands on that sucker as soon as possible. If it is not out, you can bet I have looked up everything I can about it, including teasers, excerpts, release date, and preordering it.

Sleep
If you're like me, a good book keeps me up way too late, so sleep is one of the first things on my agenda. Also, when you're asleep, you aren't thinking about how sad you are that you finished that amazing book.








Obsess over the author
I look up every single book the author has written and scour their blog and social media for any extra tidbits about the book that supplement every fan theory I have










Mourn
Sometimes a good cry is needed to mourn the loss of the book that has been your bestie for the past couple of days (let's be real though, it's only been 8 hours because you started the book this morning)








Reread my fave parts of the book that gave me the book hangover
This just helps to remind me why I loved the book and needed it in my life. It also helps you pick up on little details and foreshadowing to stuff that happens later






 Tell Somebody the Whole Plot to the Book
Let's be real, the person you're talking to probably doesn't give a shit about the book you've just finished nor do they understand the hell you are in, but you still continue to tell that person the plot to every single book you love. And then you tell them they have to read it and the inevitably respond with "Why would I when you just told me what happens?" To which you lecture them on the amazingness of reading and how your synopsis doesn't live up to how good the book is.


                                                                       Scream                      I have definitely screeched a little at the end of a book. Or sat there re reading the ending chanting "oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh." And then somebody asks what's wrong and you yell at them to leave you alone

Comments