Say When (Something More #1) by Tara West

He told me to say when, but I can’t. Not with Andrés. It’s so hard to say anything when he’s trailing feather soft kisses down my neck, or when his touch sends hot currents of lust rippling across my skin.

Then there’s the way he smiles and offers soft words of encouragement when I’m creating art, almost like he believes I have talent.

He’s not like any guy I’ve ever met. Not like my ex-fiancée. Not like my father. He’s got me thinking that maybe we can have something more. More than just lust, degradation, and abuse.

And now I’m scared, because that means I’ll have to trust him with more than just my body, but with my heart, too.

Christina Duval









----------
First line:
"Teenie, you okay in there?"
----------
Source:
ecopy from author
----------
Rating:
2 stars out of 5
----------
Christina dumps her fiance within five pages and within 20 more pages she's checking out a guy and going to his house to sleep with him. She just got out of a long term relationship wth a guy who treated her like crap, and the first thing she does is have sex with a guy? Okay, I could see that. But the minute she sees him she likes him and wants to date him. You'd think after all the crap men she'd had in her life she would have trust issues with them, but nope. I'm still just trying to wrap my head around the fact that she wants to immediately jump into a relationship with a guy she doesn't know. She just thinks he's hot and nice enough to help two girls when their car breaks down. I don't understand the logic.

Christina's mom is a jerk. She's an elitist, who live's off her dead rapist husband's savings. She wants Christina to marry a rich guy so she can provide for her mother's way of life.

The interesting people were the ones pushed into the background that you don't know much about. Tyler (Christina's friend's kid), Tyler's grandmother, and Andres's best friend's wife and kids (whose names I can't remember because they were mentioned twice [I could go look up their names, but I'm trying to prove a point]) were all pushed to the side. Most of the book was spent with Andres and Christina obsessing over each, when they were going to see each other again and when they were going to have sex.

I hope you enjoy Say When more than I did because it wasn't an enjoyable ride for me.

Comments