Control You (Coldcreek #2)Kind hearted and naive, Paige Jacobs wants what every girl craves…to be loved. She uses this need to make excuses when her current boyfriend goes from being a tad jealous and slightly overprotective to stalker-ish. She isn’t that girl and Craig isn’t one of those guys. Things are fine. Perfectly fine. Until the moment a dark-haired, tattooed hottie with a snarky mouth walks into her life and tells her she deserves better.
Confident and boldly spoken, Cameron Green has always been the guy bad girls can’t get enough of and all the good girls want to tame. He’s lived a lavish lifestyle filled with drugs, women, and alcohol up until his destructive path finally caught up with him. Now Cameron isn’t sure what to do with himself or how to dampen the longing for something more festering inside of him since coming out of his drug-induced haze. But when he meets a doe-eyed girl who gets past his walls like no other, everything about him clicks into place.
Together the two learn there are emotions that hold within them all the power to control you…
Barnes&Noble | Amazon
Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
In life, there are monsters that scar our souls and warp our fragile minds.----------
eARC from author----------
3 closets out of 5----------
Paige has been dating Craig for several months. He's a nice guy, but he's starting to get a little strange. Eventually, he becomes jealous and abusive. I believe the reason Paige stayed with him is because he made her feel wanted by somebody. Especially when they slept together. Sometimes he gave her these looks that made her feel like the center of the world. Her parents made her feel unwanted and unappreciated. So she satisfied those needs in her relationship with Craig, even when things took a turn toward the worse.
Cameron is awesome. He's so sweet, yet bed-boyish at the same time. I know you didn't think it was possible, but it is ;) His inappropriate comments were hilarious. His and Eva's relationship is adorable! I predeict that the next book will be about her.
It was great to see Blaire and Jason again!! And Tinley is so freaking adorable!!
My reason for giving 3 stars instead of 4: I loved the characters and storyline. Some of the time jumps were awkward though. Like, the scene where Paige breaks up with Craig was skipped over. Important scenes like that that readers want to see. And I don't know hoe much time passed between the start of the book and the end. I assume more than 5 weeks because of the deal Paige made with her parents, but it was unclear. Also, some background details weren't explained. Like how did Cameron's parents die? Little stuff like that.
If you just want a good storyline and good characters, Control You is the book for you. It's cute and fun. Definately pick it up. I can't wait to read about the next person in the group!
While there is music referenced throughout Control You, and it is a big part of who Cam is, I don’t actually have a playlist for the novel. When I write, I write in silence or with the background noise of my family/TV.
There were certain songs that jumped out at me while thinking of scenes with Cam, though. I guess you could say I connected with him more than I did Paige in that sense. Here are a few of those songs and a little something about why they were chosen.
- Break Me Down by Seether is the first song mentioned in the novel. It’s one that really reminded me of Cam, the words just fit for him. He’s more than what everyone thinks of him and he knows it.
- Next comes Just Like You by Three Days Grace. This is a song Cam actually blares in his car as sort of a dedication to Craig. The beginning lyrics made me even grin when this scene played out in my head as I was cleaning my house and listening to it.
- Hurt by Sevendust is the next song mentioned. This song is like the theme song to Cam’s life. It’s his favorite and the words go hand in hand with how he feels about things in life, things that had happened to him etc.
- Chalk Outline by Three Days Grace is another one that really made me think of Cam. His parents are gone and I felt this would be a song he could relate to, a song where the chorus might speak to him on a certain level.
- Eminem and Marilyn Manson’s The Way I Am was a similar one that just had Cam written all over it for me.
- Colors by Crossfade is another one of Cam’s favorites. He listens to it while he’s painting, allowing the lyrics to fuel his emotions and brush strokes. He relates to this song on a deeper level, just like Hurt by Sevendust.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out the rest of the tour: