Early Review: Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate #1) by Chelsea Fine

Pixie and Levi haven't spoken in nearly a year when they find themselves working―and living―at the same inn in the middle of nowhere. Once upon a time, they were childhood friends. But that was before everything went to hell. And now things are... awkward.

All they want to do is avoid each other, and their past, for as long as possible. But now that they're forced to share a bathroom, and therefore a shower, keeping their distance from one another becomes less difficult than keeping their hands off each other. Welcome to the hallway of awkward tension and sexual frustration, folks. Get comfy. It’s going to be a long summer.










----------
First line:
 If my bastard neighbor uses all the hot water again, I will suffocate him in his sleep.
----------
Source:
Netgalley
----------
Publication:
March 4, 2014
-----------
Rating:
4 paintings out of 5
-----------
Chelsea Fine is amazing. I love her novella  Sophie & Cater, even though I yearned for a longer book. And I enjoyed her Archers of Avalon series, which I still need to finish. I fell in love with Pixie and Levi's story. It was heart-wrenching and sweet. Watching them heal together was amazing.

Pixie wants to leave the place where too many memories lie. Levi knows he needs to make something more of his life than being a handyman at a rundown inn. The two can't bear to be near each other because it hurts too much. They both blame themselves for the accident, and think the other does too. There were so many scenes between them that were really emotional. Levi parents are separated and live in different states and he feels abandoned and to blame for everything that happened. I loved seeing him heal that relationship. And the end!! GAH!!! I thought he was going ot let her leave and I was sitting there thinking "NOOOO!!!!!" But it was all good in the end. I'm glad somebody came to their senses.

Zack is such a character! I hope he gets his own book. I love this quote of his: "The best friendships are rooted in hatred and blackmail." I have a friendship like that <3

If you love novels that involve lots of healing, but also avoidance and blame, Best Kind of Broken is an awesome book!

Comments