Welcome to the Sassy Girl, Swoony God Tournement!!!!

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you guys know about this tournament I'm participating in! It's called "Sassy Girl, Swoomy God" and it's to promote My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess #2) by Tellulah Darling. I loved the first one! See my review here. So anyways, I'll let Tellulah explaing the rest:

Hello, darlings! I hope you’re all settling comfortably into September. As many of you know, My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy Book Two) comes out on Oct 31, so I decided to have a little fun with the upcoming launch.

Previously, before my books were released, the titles would be made available on NetGalley in order to get advance reviews and create buzz. This time, though, the decision was made to handle things a little differently. Invitations were issued to a number of wonderful readers who had enjoyed the first book in the series, My Ex From Hell, to participate in this tournament and in exchange, receive an ARC of My Date From Hell. My hope was this would be a fun way to thank some of those readers who have been so incredibly supportive of me and my work.

For the next six weeks, I’ll be issuing video challenges, all to do with the book. The basic commitment of the participants in this tourney is to accept challenge five (happening in mid Oct) to review My Date From Hell on Goodreads. Other than that, they can choose to partake in as many or few challenges as they wish. The participants are welcome to use any content from the tournament on their blogs, if that helps them.

Plus, I’m offering prizes! (There has to be prizes.) Each challenge they complete gets them one entry into the grand prize draw. At stake is a signed copy of My Date from Hell, a very cool t-shirt featuring a design of one of Kai’s tattoos as mentioned in the book, AND getting to have a character named after them in the final book. The grand prize draw will happen on Nov. 15. By the way, the tattoo design is the stylized pomegranate tree featured in the tourney banner.

Now, I’m so excited to introduce our fabulous players in no particular order:

Fiction Farest (Jaime)
Fic Fare
@jaimearkin

Bookish Badass (Erin)
Fic Fare
@erinlee20

Mermaid (Ruby)
Ruby’s Books
@Rubysbooks

theladyreads (Emily)
Book Jems

tellingmelies (Jenn)
Book Jems
@tellingmelies

Mommy’s Reading Break (DeAnna)
Mommy’s Reading Break
@mrso822

Choconator (Jennifer)
Boricuan Bookworms
@JMMbookworm

Joyce Vinum Bibitor Forever (Joyce)
Tamarack Journey Productions

oopsireadabookagain (Dianne)
Oops! I Read A Book Again
@oopsireadagain

Warrior Princess (Kassiah)
Fictionators
@kassiah


Atalanta (Erleen)
Books for YA!
@crestfallenme

The Party Armadillo (Gabi)
Gabic Reads
@gabicreads


Lena Reve (Lea)
Between fantasy and reality
@Lena_Reve


TheSuburbanista (Amanda)
Slave to Books
@OneSuburbanGirl

The Book Pusher (Stacee)
Adventures of a Book Junkie
@book_junkee

Girls With Books (Lisa)
Girls With Books
@GirlsWithBooks

Falcor (Eleanor)
@barburella

Doctor’s Notes (Shy)
Doctor’s Notes
@shysnotes


Hot as Hades (Ashley)
Book Nerd Paradise
@bnerdparadise

Book Hoarder (Liza)
Reading with ABC
@Readingwithabc

PirateVanRock (Tabitha)
@PirateVanRock


La SeƱorita (Jessica)
Lovin’ los libros
@LovinLosLibros


Chiarin (Erica)
Theft and Sorcery
@TheftandSorcery

Bianca2b (Bianca)
bianca2b
@CalinBianca2b






Safari Hunter
@modernsafari1

The Flaming Hot Pink Flamingo (Abbe)
A Lot Like Dreaming
@alotofdreaming

Athena’s Owl (Aqsa)
aqsanaveed.tumblr.com

Hashtag Winner (Laura)
What’s Hot?
@WhatsHotBlog

ScrollTrotters (Nadia & Kelsie)
Page Trotters
@said_nadia @KelsieGalvin

Hot For Hades (Nuzaifa)
Say It With Books
@nbookaholic

Team Demi-Gods (Rachel)
Say It With Books
@AnOrdinaryQuote


Phew! Got all that? The first challenge will be issued next Monday, September 16 so check back in for that video and post here.

I want to take a quick second to thank a couple of people without whom this tourney would not be as awesome. Siobhan is my oldest friend and design goddess. She not only designed the cover for My Date From Hell and this website, but when I called her up to ask if she’d create a tattoo, made it amazing. Then also did the tourney banner for me.  Having a husband who is a filmmaker comes in very handy when I need to tell someone, “I need 6 videos for a tournament.” He’s  made every video in my author career possible, and did everything on these 6 from start to finish. And he makes me laugh harder than anyone. I’m not sure what I did karmically to deserve him, but cannot throw enough love and adoration his way.

#SassyGirlSwoonyGodTourney – spread the word.

Game on!

Tellulah

Comments