Early Review: Keeping Her (LOsing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack

Garrick Taylor and Bliss Edwards managed to find their happily-ever-after despite a rather . . . ahem . . . complicated start. By comparison, meeting the parents should be an absolute breeze, right?

But from the moment the pair lands in London, new snags just keep cropping up: a disapproving mother-in-law-to-be, more than one (mostly) minor mishap, and the realization that perhaps they aren't quite as ready for their future as they thought.

As it turns out, the only thing harder than finding love is keeping it.









----------
First line:
 The alarm sounded too early.
----------
Source:
ARC from Edelweiss
----------
Release date:
August 13, 2013
----------
Rating:
4 stars out of 5
----------
One of the things I liked about this short novella is the dual POV. Finally we get to learn how Garrett thinks (and we get to read it in a sexy English accent). You get to really see how much he loves Bliss and to what lengths he would go to keep her satisfied.

Another thing I liked was that I felt like Bliss from Keeping Her was different from the Bliss in Losing It. Granted, it's been awhile since I read Losing It, so maybe I'm recalling differently. Bliss seemed very strong in this novella. Even when she was terrified, she would do what she does best: act. She's very good at putting on a front for other people when she's breaking down inside.

I also adored all her Harry Potter and LoTR references. Those our two of my favorite series, so references almost instantly make me love a book (with a few exceptions).

In general, I thought Keeping Her was an amazing companion to Losing It and am very much looking forward to reading Faking It, which has already been released.

Comments