Welcome to the BOOKSHELF SCAVENGER HUNT!!!!!
Hosted by padfootandprongs07 on YouTube.
It works like a regular scavenger hunt. There are categories and you must find books to fit those categories.
Don't judge my camera skills...
1. Find an author's name or title with the letter Z in it
Where Have All the Flowers Gone? The Diary of Molly MacKenzie Flaherty Boston, Massachusetts, 1968 by Ellen Emerson White
2. Find a classic
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. Find a book with a key on it
Does this count?? Sadly, I have no books with keys on the cover. How did that happen? So, I taped a key to the cover of Little Woman.
4. Find something on your bookshelf that's not a book
I did an aboriginal style painting of an armadillo a few months ago in art class. This is the result. I'm very proud of him.
5. Find the oldest book on your shelf
Okay, so the picture is upside down. I'm too lazy to go back and flip it. Don't judge. This book is from sometime before 1896. That's a hundred years before I was born!!!
6. Find a book with a girl on the cover
Me, Him, Them, and It by Caela Carter
7. Find a book that has an animal in it
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. See the giant snake?
I love love LOVE Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
9. Find a book with only words on it
Haven't read it yet, but I loved A Series of Unfortunate Events!
10. Find a book with illustrations in it
Another old book, though not quite as old as the other. This is from the 60s.
11. Find a book with gold lettering
The Complete Oxford Shakespeare. These were my uncle's when he was a kid but he gave them to me. Date back to the 80s, though that's obviously not when they were written ;)
12. Find a diary (true or fictional)
Standing in the Light: The Captive Diary of Catherine Carey Logan Delaware Valley, Pennsylvania, 1763 by Mary Pope Osborne
13. Find a book written by someone with a common name (like Smith)
No Place for Magic by E D Baker
14. Find a book that has a closeup of something on it
Extreme closeup of a girl's face on Bound by C K Bryant
15. Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period
Takes place in 511 AD in China
16. Find a hardcover book without a jacket
50th anniversary edition of The Hobbit! Also, my uncle's when he was younger.
17. Find a teal/turquoise colored book
I am in love with JLA's books. Okay, maybe not her books, but the men in them...
18. Find a book with stars on it
Point of Origin by Amanda Havard ARC
19. Find a non-YA book
The Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkien