Event Recap: Kate Golden

 


I had a second author event this week. This event was Kate Golden hosted by The Novel Neighbor in St. Louis, Missouri. I had The Sacred Stones trilogy on my TBR, but when I saw Kate was going to be in the area, I moved the first two to the top of my list and devoured them last week. Even the less than a week wait for the third book felt too long! I'm so excited to sink into the end of this trilogy!

Tickets included a copy of A Reign of Rose and I decided to add on A Dawn of Onyx and A Promise of Peridot so I had a complete set.


The night went similarly to my event on Tuesday, starting with a discussion between a The Novel Neighbor employee and Kate Golden. We learned that there may or may not be an announcement coming in December that I am excited for! She also revealed which Taylor Swift songs each book would be: A Dawn of Onyx would be seven (Folklore); A Promise of Peridot would be exile (feat. Bon Iver) (Folklore); and A Reign of Rose would be The Prophecy (The Tortured Poets Department).

Next was an audience Q&A. I asked for a general ETA for Half-City (the first book in her new trilogy) and she stated most likely early 2026.


After the discussion there was a signing line. Kate personalized all three novels. She also brought some beautiful art from the series that I love so much. Kate was so peppy and it was so great to hear her discuss everything from The Sacred Stones series to her WIPs to how she writes her spicy scenes. 








Comments