Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J Maas


Aelin Galathynius has vowed to save her people ― but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. The knowledge that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, but her resolve is unraveling with each passing day…

With Aelin captured, friends and allies are scattered to different fates. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever. As destinies weave together at last, all must fight if Erilea is to have any hope of salvation.

Years in the making, Sarah J. Maas's New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series draws to an explosive conclusion as Aelin fights to save herself―and the promise of a better world.
---------------------
First line:
He had been hunting for her since the moment she'd been taken from him.
---------------------
Source:
Kindle and Hardcover
---------------------
Rating:
5 flames out of 5
---------------------
The re-read I did just made me like this book more. I still believe that EOS is the absolute best book in the series, but this is a close second.

I was jarred by Nesryn, Sartaq, and Hasar falling to the wayside with page time after having a lot of page time in TOD. These characters are great but especially after Aelin met up with them, they just become background characters. 

I also just want bonus scenes of Aelin and Fenrys and Aelin and Ansel. Fenrys was probably the character that snuck up on me the most that I came to love. I want to know more about Dorian and Manon's relationship after the book ends, but I also loved the "will they/won't they" way it left them.

Let's talk about my man Aedion though. I loved Aedion in QOS and EOS. However at the end of EOS, I think I might hate him more than Lorcan. Aedion, who would do any crazy thing that Aelin asked of him, gets mad at Lysandra for doing the same. And then acts like the biggest asshole alive all during the battles. I was disappointed that Lysandra took him back so easily. She is such a strong character that has grown so much since TAB that her just taking Aedion back after everything seemed to stunt her character growth.

Comments