Empyrean Playlist Part 1 (4)


Battle Cry by Imagine Dragons

I can just picture this song as the background music as Violet approaches Xaden after the battle at the end of Iron Flame. The music starts playing as Violet speaks Sgaeyl and she starts talking to Xaden as the strings starts. And in that pause before the refrain, Xaden says "You should be afraid of me." And we get a first glimpse of his eyes. And as bass stops and the music quiets, we see Xaden getting out of bed and walking to the dungeon. You just hear Jack say "I guess we're brothers now." and then we hear the last note of the song. I get chills just thinking about it.

Best lyric:  Just one more time before I go / That all this time I've been afraid wouldn't let it show / Nobody can save me now



Believer by Imagine Dragons

Violet's love letter to life, Xaden, her dragons. Learning to embrace her pain and everything else to overcome it.

Best lyric:  Second thing second / Don't you tell me what you think that I could be / I'm the one at the sail / I'm the master of my sea



Don't Blame me by Taylor Swift

Xaden's love letter to Violet. And basically him saying don't blame for fucking with the plans while rescuing Violet in Iron Flame because his love for her is too great. She is one of the few things that can bring him to his knees.

Best lyric:  And baby for you I would fall from grace / Just to touch your face / if you walk away / I'd beg you on my knees



Devil's Backbone by The Civil Wars

Violet falling in love with the "enemy". And her realizing the depths he'll go to protect the country and those he loves.

Best lyric:  Don't care if he's guilty, don't care if he's not / He's good and he's bad and he's all that I've got



Natural by Imagine Dragons

This just embodies every single moment that Violet decides she will fight, she won't die today. She will be the hunter and come out on top every single time.

Best lyric:  Rather be the hunter than the prey

Comments