DNF: Something So Right by Natasha Madison

 


The moment everything changed didn’t happen in that cliché rockets-red-glare kind of way, it happened in the form of a waking nightmare. I caught my husband, my high-school sweetheart, the father of my children, balls deep in a sordid affair.
That was when I gave up on men and love.
I didn’t count on the NHL’s golden boy, the beautiful, arrogant Cooper Stone turning my life and my hockey rink upside down.

My kids are why I wake up in the morning.

Hockey is what Cooper breathes for.

We’re from different worlds and places in our lives but when our hearts collided something so wrong and different turned into something so right.



---------------------
First line:
Giddy like a kid in a candy store, I skip up the front steps of the house.
---------------------
Source:
Kindle
---------------------
Rating:
DNF
---------------------
I'm always down for a hockey romance. I really want to know what happens too because that prologue really caught my interest. However, Cooper is the biggest jerk and disregards literally everything Parker requests. "Don't call me baby" Immediately insists on calling her baby. "No kissing in public. I don't want to ruin my business reputation". Immediately kisses her in public. Mind you, this isn't like a 'I want to make a declaration about our love and our relationship because we're madly in love' move. It's a 'I'm intentionally being a dick and ignoring everything you say' move. That was pretty much when I put the book down.

This book had all the promise of being a good fun read, but Cooper is the biggest asshole and I couldn't get over the fact that Parker just let him get away with ignoring everything she said.

Comments