The Lost Soul Teaser

I stifle a smile, touch the star on his wrist, and brush my lips over his, giving him a quick kiss. I lean back, but his hand cups the back of my neck and he deepens the kiss. His tongue slides in my mouth and my whole body shivers. His chest presses against mine and our legs tangle together. I choke my anxiousness down and clutch the hem of his shirt as roll onto my back.
He shifts over me, rising up on his elbows, licking his lips, wanting more.
“You said we were just going to sleep,” I joke, my nerves jumbled together.

“You want me to stop?”

“Not yet.” I seal my lips to his.
We stay that way until the sun rises, breaking through the clouds and silencing the storm. As I drift to sleep, cuddled against to him, I can’t help but think how beautiful the moment is. But it’s fleeting and soon I’m consumed with a dark thought.
What if our forever has a loophole?
Source: Jessica Sorensen

Comments