Emmie Hayes loved the beautiful Ashton Stirling deeply; nobody could deny that. She had given him her youth, and all he gave in return was misery and pain. She was ready for a new beginning, but Ashton wasn’t about to let her go so easily, even if it meant destroying both their lives in the process.
Three years later Emmie convinces herself she is ready to leave all of that heartbreak in the past and find a little piece of normal for herself. She heads to New York City to pick up where she left off, determined to finish art school. Emmie is determined to focus on school and not let anything distract her, but life has a way of throwing curveballs.
Paige, Emmie’s new roommate, brings Colin Bennett into her life. His smoldering eyes and lean muscular body are difficult for any girl to ignore. Only thing is, Emmie isn’t any girl. Her past makes her resistant to his charms. Colin isn’t one to give up easily, and just when he thinks he may have found a way to her stubborn heart, her tragic history may have found a way to tear them apart.
Since 2011, she has published a young adult paranormal series, The Guardians, which will contain five books total, as well as a novella.
Wendy now happily spends her days writing—her loving dachshund, Piper, curled up at her feet. When she's not writing, she can be found spending time with her tech geek husband and their three amazing kids, exploring the city she loves to call home: Cincinnati, OH.
Stubborn Love is her debut New Adult novel.
Only In Dreams, the second book in this series, is set to be released December 2013.
Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Hey all, my name is Wendy Owens and Gabi let me hi-jack her blog for the day so I can share with you a bit about my newest book, a new adult romance, called Stubborn Love. Warning, this one is steamy and comes with a mature content rating. So what is this book all about? Have you ever had something terrible happen? Something you just didn’t think you could recover from. Well that happens to our main character, Emmie, in the prologue.
We spend the rest of the book finding out if and how Em can move on with her life. When a heart is broken as severely as hers was is it possible to let someone in again. Fear can be very paralyzing for a young woman and create a very Stubborn Heart.Giveaway 1:
Twisting up the tube I watched as the blush-colored lipstick rose from its hiding place. Applying the color to my top lip, I was suddenly interrupted by a knock at the door. I finished, pressing my lips together firmly, flattened out the dress over my abdominal area, and with a deep huff I turned to welcome my date. God, what the hell are you doing, girl?
Initially I struggled to walk in the heels, but after a few steps my legs remembered how to accommodate the shoes. Walking through the kitchen, I turned the doorknob slowly, my heart beginning to race. Pulling it open, my heart fluttered as I saw Colin Bennett standing there. His arm was perched above him on the doorframe, his head hanging down. He raised an eyebrow as he drank me in, one side of his mouth lifted into a sinister smile.
Damn it! Why did he have to look so damn sexy when he was being so dirty? I knew exactly what he was thinking as he was looking at me. He must have had plans; well, he was wearing a black button up shirt, only the top button undone, a lean cut charcoal gray blazer over it, hugging close to his body. My eyes moved down to his black slacks and vintage suede leather shoes. His hair was pushed back, a few wild strands hanging in his eyes. I felt an ache deep within me, which only made me want to slap him, even though I knew it wasn’t his fault I was starting to lose control of my body.
“What do you want?” I asked, turning and walking away, leaving the door hanging open. I knew if I looked at him standing there any longer I might lose it. Why did he have to look so good? I suppose the jerks always did.
“Damn,” he whispered softly, not moving from his perch. I couldn’t help but smile as I continued moving away from him. I was glad I had garnered that sort of reaction; at least the dress was doing its job. I just hoped it would do the same for William.
“Do you need something?” I asked looking over my shoulder, making sure he didn’t see his response pleased me.
Colin pulled his arm down, and following me into the apartment, he closed the door behind him. I grabbed my clutch from the couch and dropped the tube of lipstick in, turning and looking back at him for some sort of answer to my question. He was still staring at me intensely, like an animal that wanted to devour its prey.
Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes
I hope you enjoyed these little insights into the book and will give it a chance. Happy Reading!
- I suppose a person can only be beaten down for so long before they begin to yearn for their spirit to be set free.
- He stood there, just looking at me, one dark, sinister, and oh so sexy eyebrow raised. He was a shirtless Adonis, there in the flesh, and I was helpless, unable to look away. For a moment, my eyes shifted down, drinking in his firm chest, chiseled abs, and the tease of the cut just above where his distressed jeans rested. His muscles were hard, though his body still lean.
- “Fine, whatever, then why don’t you go back to your own loft. And take Orange … Clementine … whatever her name is with you,” Colin commanded.
- Much to my surprise, as I came into the room, I realized the couch was, in fact, occupied. A man’s sculpted, bare ass was staring up at me.
- “I won’t model nude for you, though, so don’t ask. All right, maybe if you say please,” Colin said, turning to deliver a wicked grin. Leaning back against the counter and raising the mug to his lips, he watched, waiting for me to come undone by his comment.
- “Don’t worry, he’ll think you look as hot as I do.” He was standing so close I could feel his breath on my neck. What the hell? Was he some sort of stealthy vampire? How in the heck did he sneak up on me so quickly? It was too late now; the door was already open. My jaw had dropped, my mouth hanging open from Colin’s comment.
- “You got me,” I confessed. “I used to travel with a circus, but after things ended poorly with me and the bearded lady I was forced to find refuge elsewhere.”
- “Let me get through this before you say anything,” he began. I swallowed hard, preparing for the goodbye. “You know that scar on your chin? It’s the most beautiful looking scar I have ever seen. I love that when you say you want black coffee you really mean you want one sugar. Your smile, your style, and all the things about you that make you into the girl I love are among my favorite things in this world. I still remember the look on your face when we first met, that disgust for the warehouse, not to mention me. It makes me feel alive to think of those things. I need you, Em. Without you my heart would break.”
- It may have taken time, and it was definitely a stubborn love. But it was real. And it was ours
- “You’re going to be my undoing, Colin Bennett.” “I hope so; it’s only fair since you were mine,” he said, beckoning me closer.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out the rest of the tour:
Kelly P's Blog-Excerpt
Books, Authors, Blogs-Excerpt
Oops! I Read A Book Again- Guest Post, Excerpt
Paulette's Papers-Guest Post, Excerpt
Books Books Books-Review
Falling In Fall-Top Ten List, Excerpt, Promotional Post
Kaidans Seduction-Review, Excerpt
Life with Lesley-Review, Excerpt
Gabic Reads-Review, Guest Post, Top Ten List, Excerpt
paranormal book club-Character Interview, Excerpt
Beauty and the Book-Review, Top Ten List
Please Another Book-Review, Excerpt
Nicole Angione's Paranormal Writers Gathering-Review, Excerpt
Belle's Book Bag-Excerpt
Book 2 Book-Review
b00k r3vi3ws-Review, Excerpt, Top Ten List
the flirty reader-Review, Excerpt
Book Freak-Review, Excerpt
Literary Meanderings-Top Ten List
Morning After a Good Book-Review, Top Ten List
My Bookopolis-Review, Guest Post, Excerpt
Write Away Bliss-Guest Post, Excerpt
Books Over Boys-Excerpt, Top Ten List
The Book Whore-der's Delights-Review
deal sharing aunt-Top Ten List
Cover Bound-Review, Excerpt
Mercy Amare (author blog)-Review
The Phantom Paragrapher-Review, Excerpt