Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Made Me Cry (4)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
In no particular order except for the last one.


This Week's Theme:
Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry

WARNING: If you have not read any of these books, there will be SPOILERS. So don't read my reason why I cried unless you've read the book.

Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix
  The end of the story is so sad. You learn which two of the three girls died and what happened in the fire. It's scary, intense, and heartbreaking.

















 
The Return of the King (Lord of the Rings #3) by J R R Tolkien
When Frodo goes off to the Elvish land. Admittedly, the first time I read this, I thought Frodo died. But then I re-read it, and realized he went with the Elves.
 Nothing Left to Lose by Kirsty Moseley
When Anna is in the ambulance and right before, that made me cry. Ashton was soooo sweet and I really did think she was going to die.
Reason to Breathe (Breathing #2) by Rebecca Donovan
  The epilogue of this book is eloquently written and leaves you wondering, "Is Emma alive or not?"
 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J K Rowling
Do I even have to tell you where I cried? Of course it was when Sirius died.
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins
Rue. *sniff, sniff* 

 Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers
Claire's final letter to her mother is sooo sad. I love this book.
 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J K Rowling
There were a lot of parts where I cried. When Harry see the dead lined in the Great Hall. When Harry sees his parents, Sirius, and Lupin via the Resurection Stone. When Narcissa protects Harry. When Harry is talking to his son at the end. But I cried the most when Snape died. I'm sitting there bawling wondering why I'm crying when I hated him. Maybe I subconciously realized that he was on Harry's side. And then I saw his memories. Every time. Every single time. :'(
 
 Zink by Cherie Bennett
Cancer books make me cry 99.99% of the time. When Becky dies and sees her friends as Zink, It's joyful and sad.

















Top Book That Made Me Cry:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Need I tell anyone why I cried? John Green masterfully spun a tale about two kids with cancer. It was raw, it was gritty, and it was full of passion. I pretty much bawled the whole last 25% of the book. And it was 2 am. I was really hoping that nobody would wake up to go to the bathroom and hear me sobbing.

Comments