Spicy Mara/Noah Scene from The Evolution of Mara Dyer

I pulled him fiercely into his soft bed and he didn't protest. I rolled beneath him and he braced himself above me and his arms were a perfect cage. 

We were forehead to forehead. From this angle, it was impossible to ignore length of his lashes, the way they skimmed his cheekbones when he blinked. It was impossible to ignore the shape of his mouth, the curve of his lips when he said my name. 

It was impossible not to want to taste them. 


I arched my neck and my hips and stretched my body up towards his. But Noah placed one hand on my waist and very gently pushed me back down. 


"Slowly," he said. The word sent a thrill through every nerve. 


Noah leaned down slightly, just slightly, and let his lips brush my neck. My pulse raced at the contact. Noah drew back. 


He could hear it, I remembered then. Every heartbeat. The way my breathing changed or didn't. He thought my heart was pounding with fear, not desire. 


I had to show him he was wrong. 
I arched my neck off of the pillow and angled my lips towards his ear and whispered, "Keep going."
 

To my complete shock, he did. 

Noah traced the line of my jaw with his mouth. He touched me nowhere else. Then, he hooked one finger under the collar of my T-shirt and pulled it down into a slight V, exposing a triangle of skin. He kissed the hollow at the base of my throat. Then lower. Once.
 

I was spinning. I was pinned to his mattress by the space between us, and I was desperate to close it, desperate to feel his mouth on mine.
 

"Now?"
 

"No," he whispered against my skin. His mouth made me ache, sweet and furious. It was impossible to keep still, but when my body instinctively curved towards his, he drew away.
 

"Now?"
 

His lips found my skin again, just beneath my ear. "Not yet." 

And just when I thought I couldn't possibly take any more, Noah lowered his mouth to the curve of my shoulder, and his teeth grazed my skin.
 

I was ignited, on fire, flooded with heat and ready to beg.
 

I thought I saw the smallest hint of a half-smile, but it was gone before I could be sure. Because Noah's gaze dropped from my eyes to my mouth, and then his lips brushed mine.
Source: Michelle Hodkin

Comments